Entry Level Technical WriterRequisition #: RCM001
Position Type: Full Time
Percentage Travel Required: None
Location: US-RI, Westerly
Relocation Expense: No
Job Summary:RCMT Technical Publications has built a reputation in the aerospace/aviation industry as a leader providing technical documentation development for both military and commercial applications. RCMT has an immediate need for Entry Level Technical Writers in the Westerly, RI office.
- Write and update technical documentation based on customerís specifications.
- Research and analyze engineering technical specifications, drawings and provisioning data for creating or revising the documentation.
- Support the accuracy and timely completion of writing and editing assignments by providing clear direction to graphics group and verifying technical accuracy of output.
- Verifies that the documentation meets the technical requirements and specifications.
- Creates documentation in a timely manner that meets the customer schedule and cost.
- Aviation knowledge or similar experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to learn new authoring tools quickly
- Knowledge of writing specifications, ATA 100, ATA iSpec 2000, S1000D would be helpful but not required.
- Experience in use of Arbortext Epic Editor software; experience with XML/SGML helpful but not required
- Computer Skills:
- MS Word
- Desktop Publishing
Education: Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent
RCM Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or veteran status.
Use the form below to upload your resume and apply for the above position.
If you do not see an "Upload" button above, please use the following link to download.